Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflective Entry- Week 7

During the duration of week seven, I have learned the difficulties of finding someone who is already living my goal who would participate in an interview from my research in WP3. I did not know searching for someone and getting ahold of them thought contacts provided would be as difficult as it was. I searched multiple universities trying to find someone who is in the Biomedical Engineering field who would be willing to help me first hand particularly about being in the field. The purpose of the interview is to gain knowledge about the field and learn how others experiences are. Also, to learn about how others enjoy being in the field; their likes and dislikes as well as the advantages and disadvantages. Basically, the main focus was to investigate their lives; observe the steps in education that they took; and the types of research and experiments that they encounter and get to be involved in. After talking to my classmates, I found that they were having the same problems I was. Ashley, in particular told me that a reason that many of us are having difficulty is because some people that are in our fields may not be happy with their jobs and wouldn’t want to be interviewed while Jerome on the other hand, pointed out that they may not have time.
            Finding interviews wasn’t the only thing I had difficulty with, I also encountered difficulty with finding credible material about my career as a Biomedical Engineer. Within the paper, you will see that my searches for materials that are credible are limited due to websites not meeting certain requirements. These requirements consists of relating to information that I am looking for specifically, being either .edu or .gov, not consisting of advertisements or non-professional graphics, and the information can’t be specifically for one college. These were the two difficulties that I had during week seven and they are slowly progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment