Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Introduction "Entering The Conversation"- Exercise #2

     Gerald Graff and Cather Birkenstein provides valid, informative inforamtion on how helpful their templtes are. In the Introduction to "They Say/I Say": The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing, they vivdly explains how their templtes are very helpful specifiacally with organizing and structuring their writing. Graff and Birkenstein aregue that although their templtes are helpful, they do not limit the writers ability to be creative. Many people believe, such as the students meantioned on page 10 expressed their concerns that templaes makes eveyone's work sound the same and limits their originality. What they were not understanding from Graff and Birkenstein's point of view is that not everyone think alot. People in general have their own way of thinking about how they could use the templates to the best of their ability. The templtes basic purpose is to guide the writer to ex[pose them to different writing tools and skils, observe diverse perspectives, and instill different types of techniques of writing within the writer.
     In my opinion, Gerald and Cathy intentions are very positive and effective. I believe that the templates they have created will help guide writers to think and write more constructively. Due to my own experience with using their templtes, so far they have changed my view on how effective templates could be towards my writing. I now have something to refer to when in need of transition and/or organization. Thanks to Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, I have a more constructive way of thinking when I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment