Monday, February 28, 2011

Reflection for Week 6

      As I advance in the different levels of understanding how to become a better writer, I am gaining many skills that I could take with me through the rest of my life. During week 6 of learning more about literature, reading, and writing, I have learned how to write professionally with using specific formats of writing that will connect with my audience. I could honestly say that the most important thing in week 6 that I have learned would be the correct way to cite. Plagiarism is amongst many people who take risks for consequences they know they are not capable of handling. I for instance am not the type of student who likes to plagiarize; I like to be original in everything I do. Though many people do not purposely plagiarize, they are still amongst the same consequences. These consequences for most colleges are a failing grade, suspension, and/ or expulsion. From the lectures this week, I know how important citing another’s work is because I can’t be held accountable for the consequences of plagiarism. I also learned that there are many formatting styles that different fields use; the most common two are MLA and APA. These styles are basically developed to connect better with the audience that is within that specific field. For instance, MLA is a format used for Foreign Languages, English, and Humanities while APA is used for Social Sciences, History, and Psychology. I know now from this lecture how critical it is to give an author credibility for their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment