Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reflective Entry- Week 5

     When it comes to reading, writing, and language, there are many things that need to be known and considered. According to my opinion, Language Arts is a subject where I think my strongest strengths are because I have proven to be an excellent writer. I try my best to be the best writer that I could be because it is my way of expressing my self and venting. The most important new thing that I learned was the different ways of transitioning and organizing my work. Since I was young, I’ve always thought my work had to be phrased a specific way or it wouldn’t sound right. After reading the book “They Say/I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing,” I have a new vision on how I look at how effective details, organization, and credibility has an effect on the story. This book explains why details are very effective because it helps the reader to understand how the writer felt at that moment or how the reader could be put into the authors shoes. The more details an author provide, the more vividly their audience would be able to comprehend and give feedback on how well the book was.
     Also, this book expresses how the organization and credibility is very important to audience because it determines whether the writing prompt flow and is not just opinions. Organization decides how the writing prompt sounds; if it wasn’t for organization, most writing today would be choppy. There are different types of organization; one example is chronological order. Not only does organization and details matter, but credibility as well. When I say credibility, I mean giving another author props for their opinion, facts, and words of encouragement. Without credibility, the work will be known as plagiarism or just a prompt stating a simple opinion. They Say/ I Say is a very informative, helpful book that I am looking forward to continuing reading in order to find new skill that could strengthen or even create others.

No comments:

Post a Comment